On the eve of International Women’s Day, Telangana government announced awards for 24 eminent women from various fields.
The government of Telangana has announced awards to 24 eminent women from different fields on the occasion of International Women’s Day on March 8. A high-level committee headed by the Minister for Women and Children selected the awardees for Department of Women, Children, Disabled and Senior Citizens, in an order issued on Monday. The awardees will be presented a cash of Rs. 1 lakh on March 8.
The below is the list of all the award winners in various fields:
Social service segment:
- Janaki – a visually challenged person running school for deaf and dumb students (Hyderabad)
- Tirunagari Devakidevi – active participant in Telangana movement in 1969 and in the second phase (Mahboobnagar)
- Gayatri – visually challenged headmistress (Wanaparthy)
- Laxmi Bai (a Kolama woman who struggled to get back her land – Dhaiguda, Adilabad)
Dr. Vidyavathi, first woman vice chancellor of Kakatiya University, Warangal
- Sugunamma (innovative farmer – Katkoor, Janagama)
- Nagamani (role model for women farmers – Dosapahad, Nalgonda).
Under Telangana movement:
- Manemma (Hyderabad)
- Swapana (OU student, Hyderabad)
- Vijaya Reddy (Peddapally
Prameela (eminent lawyer, Mancheryala).
- Rajitha (Warangal),
- Shajahana (Khammam).
Vanaja Uday (HOD Telugu University -Hyderabad).
Anjani Reddy (Zaheerabad)
- Kotgareekar (table player – Nizamabad)
Songs in Telangana movement:
- Chaitanaya (Nalgonda)
- Swarna (Karimnagar).
Priyadarshini (weight lifting – Warangal)
- Satyavathi (first news reader in AIR – Hyderabad)
- Kavita (from Chityala, Nalgonda)
- Malleshwari (first video journalist – Warangal).
Cashless transaction service:
- Padma (Sarpanch, Gollapalli, Karimnagar )
- Laxmi (Sarpanch, Ibrahimnagar, Siddipet).