Telangana budget sessions began today with the customary address of Governor M.ESL Narsimhan in joint session.
In his 30 minute speech of Budget session, the governor recalled the victories of governments over the past 21 months. Governor expressed happiness on the pace of development in Telangana. The salient in the speech of Narsimhan.
- Historical pact with the government of Maharashtra to build 5 dams over the Godavari River
- Mission Bhageeratha, Mission kakathiya and the construction of double rooms for the poor
- Budget Allocation for 2016-17 Rs.1.15 Lakh Crore
- Implementation of the Kalyana Lakshmi program
- Kalyana Lakshmi’s program would be extended to other backward classes
- Aarogya Lakshmi diet for pregnant women
- Regularization of contractual employees
- On the humanitarian front, food security is assured
- As part of the Swach Bharath program, Swach Hyderabad is successfully
- 41 waste lakhs were provided to citizens to keep the environment clean
- Reforms in the agricultural sector
- Strengthening the health system in government sectors
- Construction of 4 specialized hospitals in Hyderabad
- Rainbow Mission Obtained National Recognition.