Friday , February 23 2018

MH370 Search Crews Return To Port After Fruitless Hunt Ends

The vessel involved in the recent hunt for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 returned to the port in Western Australia on Monday.

mh370 malaysian airline
The Malaysian airline MH370 disappeared in March 2014 with 239 people on board.

Where officials from the countries that funded the unsuccessful search gathered to thank them and defend their decision to put End to hunt the Malaysian airline MH370 despite the investigators’ recommendations as He continues.

Transport officials from Australia, Malaysia and China met in the capital of Western Australia, Perth, to salute the crew of Fugro Equator, who was ordered to return last week after That countries have officially suspended the search for the aircraft in the Indian Ocean.

The $ 160 million high-seas sonar destroyed the west coast of Australia and found no traces of the plane that disappeared on March 8, 2014 on a flight between Kuala Lumpur and Beijing. But Australian Transport Minister Darren Chester denied the effort was a failure, claiming that the crews had managed to eliminate the search area of ​​120,000 square kilometers (46,000 square miles) Crushing possible.

Several parents of the 239 people aboard the plane strongly criticized the decision to end the search before finding their relatives and called on officials to search a new area of ​​25,000 square kilometers (9,700 square miles) immediately North of the Old Research Area that a group of international investigators recently identified as the most likely resting place of the wreck.

Investigators calculated the new possible crush site by re-analyzing the satellite data that tracked the aircraft’s movements and examining a new analysis of debris drift that landed on the Indian Ocean coasts. The experts recommended in a report released last month by the Australian Transport Safety Board that the new area be sought.

On Monday, the chief commissioner of the office expressed confidence that the plane is probably in this new area.

“It is very likely that the area now defined by the experts contains the plane, but it is not absolutely certain,” Greg Hood told reporters.

But the three countries agreed a few months ago that the hunt would be suspended after the crews had finished combing the official search area unless new credible evidence emerged that indicated the exact location of the aircraft. The investigators’ recommendation, they said, was not sufficiently precise to justify an extension of the research.

click here for more world news

Malaysian Transport Minister Liu Tiong Lai said he would meet later Monday with a family representative to hear their concerns but said Malaysia did not intend to fund a new research based on the recommendation Investigators.

“We need more credible evidence before moving on to the next search area,” Liow said.

Liow said that the investigation into the disappearance of the aircraft would continue, with Malaysia taking the initiative to analyze future debris that land ashore in the hope of providing clues as to the location of the wreck Underwater. Australian officials would help if needed, he said.

Liow also contradicted an earlier statement from his deputy that the Malaysian government offered a reward to any private company that found the fuselage of the plane. Liow said that last week’s comment by Deputy Minister of Transport Abdul Aziz Kaprawi reflected the personal opinion of his deputy, and was not an official government proposal.

Facebook Comments
MH370 Search Crews Return To Port After Fruitless Hunt Ends
5 (100%) 1 vote

About Santhosh

Check Also

Saptagiri

Sapthagiri LLB Movie Review

Saptagiri LLB is a remake of director Subhash Kapoor’s Bollywood hit Jolly LLB. Sapthagiri, a ...