Telangana Chief Minister KCR certain Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will oblige on 12 percent reservations.
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao on this Thursday expressed assurance that he would secure 12 percent quota for Muslims in both education and employment in the similar manner in which he had attained statehood for Telangana.
He stated, “When I started the statehood movement in the year 2001, everybody used to say it was incredible. But they were shown wrong. In a similar way, doubts are being upturned that it is not probable to secure 12 percent quota for Muslims contrary to the directions of Supreme Court’s cap of 50 percent. I am confident that this also will be accomplished soon.”
He stated that since Tamil Nadu was permissible to implement quotas above the SC boundary of 50 percent, TS also would get the relaxation with the collaboration of the Centre.
Talking in the Assembly, KCR said that he had met Narendra Modi on 2-3 occasions after the TS Legislature has passed the Reservation Bill previous year enhancing quota for Muslims and STs and instructed him about the necessity for Centre to commend the law based on the social and economic backwardness of the communal.
“The PM retorted positively and assured to consider it favorably at a suitable time. I have complete faith in him,” KCR said.
“Each state has a diverse composition of castes and religions and their own social and financial problems. There should be tractability for states to take a decision on reservations in education and jobs and provided by state governments. The Prime Minister has responded certainly and assured to take specific steps in this direction. But due to successive elections in numerous states from then, it got late,” Mr. Rao added.
KCR opens the gift bag for minorities
Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao has announced a series of offerings for the minorities in the state, in the assembly on this Thursday.
- Reservations for Christians, Muslims and linguistic minorities in all welfare schemes and programs. Quotas for every category will be fixed, Muslims are expected to get 4 percent.
- Urdu would be canned as the official state second language. Competitive and recruitment examinations would be conducted in Urdu along with Telugu and English.
- 66 Urdu officials would be chosen in all vital institutions starting with the Council and Assembly, workplaces of the Chief Minister, Chief Secretary, Cabinet ministers, Director-General of Police, and district collectorates.
- Financial aid for pilgrimage to Jerusalem for Christians and monthly salary for pastors or reverends.
- Study circles, skill development centers, women empowerment centers for minorities in all district headquarters.
- Leeway of subsidised loans up to Rs 2.50 lakh without any bank connection for self-employment systems.
- Upper income ceiling to Rs 5 lakh from Rs 2 lakh for students to gain the Rs 20 lakh scholarship to chase studies abroad that will be applicable to minorities, STs, SCs, and BCs.
- Fee reimbursement and scholarship debts of minorities to be cleared.
- Government expended over Rs 800 crore for the welfare of minorities this economic.
- TS ready to expend Rs 2,800 per student per year in minority residential hostels.