Here are some of the aspects that are needed to know about the HIV/AIDS bill 2014 which includes Prevention’s and provisions.
HIV and AIDS Prevention and Control Bill-2014 are now for discussion and passing the bill in Lok Sabha today.
Here are some of the key points which the people need to know about the bill and Necessities.
The main purpose of the bill is to end the epidemic by 2030 in accordance with the Sustainable Development Goals set by the United Nations. In India there are 21 lakh persons approximately suffering with HIV.
- The bill is passing mainly to safeguard the rights of the people who are affected by HIV and living with HIV. The main necessity of the bill is to address the People who are affecting with HIV related discrimination and to strengthen the current Programme by bringing a legal accountability.
- The persons who are living with HIV should be treated equally at education, employment, renting a property, standing for public or private office or providing insurance and healthcare services.
- The bill also aims to improve the accessibility to the healthcare services by safeguarding consent and confidentiality for treatment, clinical research and HIV-related testing.
- Every HIV infected or affected person below the age of 18 years has the right to live in the shared household.
- It also prohibits any individual from publishing information or advocating feelings of hatred against HIV positive persons and those living with them.
- No person should be forced to disclose his/her HIV status except with their informed consent, and if required by a court order.
- The state and central Government should make necessary prevention to avoid the spreading of HIV and AIDs. Preventive measurements like anti-retroviral therapy and access to welfare schemes should be provided especially to women and children.
- Every person in the care and custody of the State shall have right to HIV prevention, testing, treatment and counseling services.
- It suggests that the persons related to HIV positive shall be disposed of by the law court on a priority basis and duly ensuring the confidentiality.
Click Here for more:National News