GoDaddy is a prominent web hosting company for the starter websites that do not have more traffic. After using the services from GoDaddy to host my business websites, I strongly feel that the company will no longer deliver quality web hosting for bigger websites. I have assembled a list of the finest GDDY alternatives for hosting and domain name registrations to aid you to make the switch.
Why GoDaddy sucks?
From extreme downtime to immoral business practices, GoDaddy is the internet host that you need to evade using. Here are some common issues customers have reported, who are using the services of GDDY.
- Extreme server downtime that seems to be getting worse each day.
- A big number of websites are hosted on the similar hosting servers, which affects the overall performance of your website.
- While initial startup prices are cheap, the price of renewing your services (hosting, domains, etc.) is roughly 200% to 400% more costly.
- Bad customer service that is nearly non-existent.
- The business does not appear to care about fixing any issues that clients are experiencing, which is the worst reason why GDDY sucks.
GoDaddy Alternatives (for Shared hosting)
Here are the best GoDaddy alternatives for shared web hosting:
Charge: $3.95 to $14.95 for a month
Storage Space: 10 GB to 30 GB
Websites Hosted: 1 to unlimited
- Voted as No.1 shared hosting provider by Admir Gracanin from Ecommerce Critics.
- Loading time without cache is 1.7 seconds and loading time with cache is 1.3 seconds.
- Domain name will be free when you purchase any shared hosting plan.
- Many free perks like website transfers, CDN, SSL certificates, and regular backups of your complete hosting account.
- User-friendly and in-built cPanel with SSH access.
- One-click installs and spontaneous updates for Joomla and WordPress.
- Malleable staging tools for Joomla and WordPress with pre-installed Git.
- An industry foremost uptime guarantee of 99.9%.
- Your hosting buying is covered by a 30-day cash back guarantee.
Perfect For: Personal usage, blogging, and small businesses.
- InMotion Hosting
Charge: $3.49 to $7.49 a month
Storage Space: Unlimited
Websites Hosted: 2 to unlimited
InMotion Hosting Pros:
- Free website drag and drop editor, and website templates.
- Incorporates well with exterior third-party applications such as Joomla, WordPress, Bold Grid, and even Magento.
- You get a free domain name registration when you buy a web hosting plan.
- Hosting keeps a backup of your complete hosting account.
- You get the choice to select the location of your hosting server.
- User-friendly and in-built cPanel and SSH access.
- $250 in advertising credits for Bing, Google, Yahoo, and Yellow Pages.
- Rated 3 out of 3 stars by CNET (one of the biggest product review and technology news sites on the web).
- Your hosting buying is covered by their 90-days cash back guarantee.
Perfect For: Medium to big websites, and websites that use a big amount of storage space.
GoDaddy Alternatives (for Managed WordPress Hosting)
Managed WordPress hosting is planned and optimized for WordPress sites. If you have a WordPress site and need enriched performance, this is the finest option for hosting.
- WP Engine
Charge: $29 to $249 a month
Monthly Average Traffic: 25,000 to 400,000 visitors
Storage Space: 10 GB to 30 GB
WordPress Installations: 1 to 25
WP Engine Pros:
- You acquire the opportunity to choose the location for your web hosting server to maximize website performance – places include United Kingdom, United States, and Japan.
- Simply transfer your present WordPress website with their free automatic website migration plugin.
- The servers are optimized for WordPress interconnected websites.
- You do not want to install any caching or any other performance-enhancing plugins.
- You get up-to-date developer tools like Git version, one-click reinstate points and one-click playing area for testing plugins and latest updates.
- You acquire a free firewall and malware protection that scans your complete website and blocks prospective stalkers.
- You acquire free access to technical support that discerns everything about WordPress.
- WP Engine hosting servers provide an uptime assurance of 99.95%.
Best For: WordPress sites that need enriched performance and security, and websites that need an accessible WordPress hosting resolution.
- Fly Wheel
Charge: $15 to $250 a month
Monthly Average Traffic: 5,000 to 600,000 visitors
Storage Space: 5 GB to 120 GB
WordPress Installations: 1 to 30
Fly Wheel Pros:
- Fly Wheel will carry your existing WordPress website for free – this is typically done in 24 to 48 hours after the request is done.
- Free malware deletion from your WordPress website.
- The malleable staging area for testing diverse plugins and website updates.
- You acquire to choose the situation of your hosting server for increased website performance – localities included are New York, California, Frankfurt, London, Amsterdam, Toronto, and Singapore.
- Automatic daily website backups of your complete hosting account with one-click restore points.
- Web Developers get access to customizable billing transmissions.
- Hosting servers provide an uptime guarantee of 99%.
Best For: WordPress websites with a small startup budget, and customers that need a larger substitute to WP Engine.
GoDaddy Alternatives (for Domain Names)
When it arrives at domain names, GoDaddy provides continuous deals and promotions where you will be capable of purchasing a custom domain for a few bucks a year. If you wish to purchase your domain name from GoDaddy, I consider that it is the best to pay for 2 to 3 years in advance to get a great deal. Therefore, you will also elude their renewal fees.
NameCheap is the best place where you can buy all the domain names, because of their inbuilt interface and usual domain management choices. In terms of promotions and discounts, the normal cost to buy a domain name will price you a few bucks a year. The only alteration is that NameCheap is cheaper when it is the time to renew the domain names. All domain name registrations provide a 1year subscription to secluded WhoisGuard privacy shield for free.
When compared to extra domain registrars, Domain.com is typically more expensive since they do not run a lot of promotions. A custom .com domain name will cost you about $9.99 a year. All domain name registrations provide free URL forwarding, email forwarding, and transfer locking.