Saturday , December 3 2016

AP-Odisha combat: Gunfight continues on day two; 4 more Maoists Shot Dead

As the gunfight between Maoists & the security forces on Andhra-Odisha Border continued on Tuesday, the death toll of ultras increased to 28. On Monday, the police had recovered 24 bodies from the spot.

4-more-maoists-shot-dead
Two bodies of Naxalites recovered by Greyhounds from the encounter site.

The DGP claimed that they had taken up the massive sanitisation operation toward Maoists on Tuesday.

BHUBANESWAR/Visakhapatnam: As the gunfight between Maoists & the security forces on Andhra-Odisha Border continued on Tuesday, the death toll of ultras increased to 28. On Monday, the police had recovered 24 bodies from the spot.

Andhra Pradesh DGP N. Sambasiva Rao said on Tuesday that the exchange of fire between security personnel & Maoists in Malkangiri forests of Odisha was still on and a four more Maoists, two of them women, died in a fresh exchange of fire with Andhra Pradesh Greyhounds & Odisha police in Bejangiwada forest between Ramgarh and the Panasaput in Malkangiri district of Odisha on Tuesday morning.

For More Andhra Pradesh News: Click Here

Talking to the newsmen here in Vizag, Andhra Pradesh DGP N. Sambasiva Rao said that so far 28 Maoists, including 13 women & 15 men, had been gunned down.

The DGP claimed that they had taken up a massive sanitisation operation on Tuesday, during which four more Maoists have killed. Replying to a question, Mr.  Rao dismissed allegations of some activists that it was a fake encounter.

He said that it was not the unilateral fire from the security forces but an exchange of fire between the police & the ultras. Speaking of the death of senior commando of Greyhounds, Mohammed Abu Bakar, during the gun battle, the DGP said that a few commandos had jumped into the canal while trying to escape from the Maoist fire. While others managed to swim underwater and to escape, Abu Bakar, who can swim, became unconscious in the water & drowned.

The DGP along with the ADG (Operations) N.V. Surendra Babu visited the house of the slain commando in Vizag city & have presented a cheque of Rs 40 lakh to his parents. The DGP later flew to Narsipatnam  &  Malkangiri.

Malkangiri SP Mitrabhanu Mohapatra said, “All the bodies recovered on Monday and have been identified. The bodies have been kept in the mortuary in the district headquarters hospital at Malkangiri & they will be handed over to their relatives after the following due procedure.”

Facebook Comments
Rate this post

About Qutub

Check Also

mortgage-application

Higher interest rates crush mortgage application volume, down 9.4%

Mortgage application volume in the Thanksgiving week dropped to the lowest level since early January ...