New Delhi: Google had announced that it has selected 7 startups from India that will join the 3rd Class of its Google Launchpad Accelerator Programme.
The Companies that which are shortlisted from India include an On-demand wardrobe rental services (Flyrobe), furniture & appliances rental service (RentMojo) and tutor help service (HashLearn)
Other Startups which are chosen are Curofy (a platform for doctors to converse medical cases with peers), Happy Adda Studios (Offers an Indian Word game Jalebi), Playment (allows users to earn money for playing games) and lastly Kapture CRM (helps businesses to do better lead management)
- Flyrobe- This is an online fashion store where you can rent clothes for special occasions & which offers a variety of international and local brands to choose from.
- HashLearn– A Bangalore based start-up founded by Gopalakrishnan and Gokul Janga, which offers a mobile tutoring app for school kids, where you can find a tutor in 90 seconds for a very minimal price and it also provides counselling for students and instant, 24×7 doubt-clearing by tutors from IITs & AIIMS.
- Rentomojo– A Bangalore-based startup run by Edunetwork Pvt. Ltd, it offers furniture, household appliances, and adventure sports equipment and bike rentals through its online platform.
- KaptureCRM– Is a cloud based, user-friendly Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software customizable for diverse needs of Real Estate, Banks, Hotels and FMCG etc. to easily automate business processes.
- Curofy– Started by 3 IITians, Curofy is a medical app that allows doctors to converse medical cases with peers from across the country. It also lets them read the latest medical news, discuss tough cases, apply for premium jobs and highlight their achievements. Curofy’s online medical directory pre fills profiles of doctors based on the public data.
- Happy Adda Studios– A platform aimed to create content for the Indian Viewers and make them play games with localized regional based content in their own language .They target Indian Audience across the world with engaging gameplay with their fun mobile games.
- Playment– This is a Bengaluru-based start-up by two IItians that enables large companies to crowdsource completion of tasks that are typically done by in-house or outsourced teams
These companies will join startups from Brazil, Indonesia, Mexico Argentina, Colombia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam as part of the Google Launchpad Accelerator Programme, Google stated in a statement.
These startups will join the 6-month long thorough mentoring program from Google for mid to late stage startups including a 2-week all-expenses paid boot camp that will kick off in January at Launchpad Space in San Francisco.